Consultant, Mobility System – Advisory Services
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : T&I - Strategy & Advisory
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
ANY BIG CANADIAN CITIES
WSP is currently seeking a Consultant to join our management consulting team. We are recruiting motivated self-starters with an interest in the transportation & infrastructure industry to join a dynamic multidisciplinary team. We seek problem solvers who combine strong analytical skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions independently and master new concepts quickly with meticulous attention to detail to deliver high quality work.
As a Consultant in our Mobility Systems Advisory Group, you will be part of a team spread across Canada, working on national and international engagements for public and private sector clients that own, operate, and invest in infrastructure assets. Members of the team are expected to contribute passion and knowledge relating to infrastructure or operations of fleet systems using diesel, electric, CNG, Hydrogen, or other sustainable energy sources.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
The Consultant position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work in multiple infrastructure sectors and contribute to the development of landmark projects. As part of our team, you will also have the opportunity to work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis. As a distributed team, working location will be determined in collaboration with the candidate. Multiple positions may be filled via this requisition to span the breadth of experience and expertise requested.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in engineering, science, or urban planning;
- Between 0 and 3 years of professional work experience;
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical systems in vehicles and in particular heavy duty vehicles;
- Understanding of the North America bus market (vehicle specification, vehicle operations, alternative fuel technologies) is an asset;
- Understanding of light, medium, and heavy duty electric vehicles (vehicle specification, vehicle operations), their charging infrastructure, and associated regulations within Canada is an asset;
- Understanding of low carbon fuels and associated regulations within Canada is an asset;
- Knowledge of transport planning practices including undertaking transport assessments, public transport planning, traffic capacity theory and analysis techniques, urban planning and land development appraisals, parking management, micro-mobility and active transport and road safety principles would be an asset;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Demonstrated research skills and experience;
- Interest or experience in the infrastructure industry and related sectors;
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results;
- Ability to support and deliver projects assigned to the client’s satisfaction;
- Ability to support and deliver bid proposal assigned.