Construction Surveyor, Regional Roads & Highways
City : Edmonton, AB
Category : T&I - Highways, Bridges & Roads
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Construction Surveyor to join our Regional Roads and Highways Transportation Group, located at Edmonton Winterburn office, for a broad range of transportation projects on highways and rural roads in Alberta and various other Provincial jurisdictions.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Perform various construction surveys for transportation engineering projects.
- Duties include topographical data pickup, construction layout, quantity pickup and calculations, processing surveys via computer software.
- Mentor junior surveyors and assistants.
- Manage multiple projects and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with using survey instruments and equipment including Trimble GPS, Total Stations, and levels.
- Must be willing to travel, work out-of-town and work overtime/weekends.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Graduate from a survey program, Civil Engineering, or Geomatics discipline preferred but not mandatory. Equivalent related ability/experience will be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, and practices of construction surveying.
- Solid understanding of Coordinate Geometry is required.
- Experience with construction surveys required for the layout of rural roads is an asset.
- Experience with Civil 3D and AutoCAD is an asset.
- A strong work ethic, and good communication skills with the desire to excel and to achieve with a willingness to learn, and a motivated team player.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Periodic workloads and project locations may require being away from your home office for the project duration.