City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As an experienced Construction Project Manager with numerous successful construction projects under your belt, you will make a real impact to deliver projects in a highly innovative and dynamic working environment. Reporting to the Manager of Store Construction, working in alignment with current Build Specialist within the framework of the Sales Enablement and Experience team, the successful candidate will be joining a leader in the Telecommunications industry poised for growth and challenging opportunities well into the future. As a key member of the Store Development Team, you will be responsible to oversee and manage retail construction projects; deliver project performance related to cost, schedule, quality, and customer service; provide leadership and oversight while adhering to the company's policies and procedures. This position will require travel to construction sites and will be based in Vancouver, British Columbia or Calgary, Alberta.
A typical day
In this role you will manage the growth, scaling, and execution of retail store construction across multiple end user channels within the Shaw & Freedom Mobile brand; you will work with an experienced and innovative team both internally and externally, liaise with external consultants and contractor to ensure all projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest quality. You will communicate and coordinate all information and plans while keeping all key stakeholders up to date with progress reports. You will review all Architectural and MEP drawings for discrepancies coordinate all owner furnished items in alignment with the GC’s schedule. You will be driven construction manager, strong communicator to be able to effectively lead and consciously facilitate and inform all parties involved; you must be a believer in continuous development.
• Plan, execute, and monitor a variety of projects throughout their lifecycle to ensure that they are completed on budget and on schedule: 40%
• Liaise with project stakeholders to collect requirements and maintain effective communication: 20%
• Implement effective reporting to keep project stakeholders and management informed on key project metrics: 10%
• Carry out all project administration in accordance with company policies and procedures: 10%
• Conduct and facilitate project activities and related documentation to Purchasing, Invoicing, Inventory Management procedures using the Oracle base platform while effectively communicating risk and issues: 10%
• Review contractor and vendor applications for payment: 5%
• Review all potential change orders, including negotiating and assessing cost and schedule impact: 5%
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction methods, industry practices, estimating & budgeting coupled with scheduling and planning
• Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in building/construction industry and at least minimum 4 years in a construction project management role
• Responsible for managing multiple projects at one time in a remote working environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
• Demonstrated ability to be a strategic thinker and problem solver with a robust skill set in construction project management
• Provides clear vision of the business needs for success, sets own goals; develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside of the company
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and to consider the relative cost and benefits of potential actions when making a decision
• Knowledge of retail leases, construction contracts
• Retail industry experience is highly preferred
• Proficient in Office suite programs, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project
• Bachelor’s degree or diploma or equivalent combination of technical training and or related experience in architecture, construction management
• PM designation or equivalent certification would be considered an asset
• Hold a valid Canadian driver’s license
• Ability to travel throughout Canada
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated