Construction Materials Technician – Site C Project – Rotational Role
City : Fort St. John, BC
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
FORT ST. JOHN'S
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I is providing Construction Materials Testing for the BC Hydro Clean Energy Hydroelectric Project, a 1,100 MW hydroelectric development located near Fort St John, BC
A site-based role, all employees hired will be required to mobilize to the Site C site on a shift rotation basis (14 days x 12 hours on 7 days off). Travel costs to and from the site will be compensated. Accommodation, meals and required PPE will be provided.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to work on a world class hydroelectric project while developing their career in the Construction Materials Technician field
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
As a Construction Materials Technician with academic training and/or experience in conducting CSA standard laboratory and field tests on concrete and concrete aggregates, you’ll be:
- Conducting concrete field/laboratory tests and preparing test reports
- Sampling and testing aggregates
- Calibrating and maintaining testing equipment
- Maintaining the lab (ensuring it’s clean and tidy conditions at all times)
- Communicating effectively within a laboratory and field team environment
- Adhering to all Site Safety Absolutes and working safely in accordance with WSP and Site Health and Safety programs
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Completion of a Civil Technology program from an accredited post-secondary institution. Consideration may also be provided to individuals who have work experience that demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the required materials work
- Technicians will need to be CCIL certified for concrete testing, or be able to be certified shortly after starting (ACI certification would also be acceptable and previous CCIL certification may also be considered)
- You enjoy fieldwork and like to work autonomously – think the opposite of a standard 9-5 desk job.
- You have strong communication skills
- You have an unrestricted Driver’s License valid in BC as well as a clean Driver’s Abstract
- You’ll also be able to pass regular Drug and Alcohol and Medical screening as required for Site Access