Construction Materials Lab Supervisor (P.Eng) – Site C
City : Fort St. John, BC
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Fort St. John
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We are currently seeking a site based Construction Materials Lab Supervisor to join our team at the BC Hydro Site C project near Fort St John, BC.
This is a site-based role with a rotating schedule, with 14 days on (12 hrs/day) and 14 days off – fly in/fly out. Accommodation and meals at site and air travel to and from site will be provided.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- You’ll supervise the day-to-day operations of the quality control concrete/aggregate laboratory
- You’ll be leading and developing a team of materials technicians performing field and laboratory tests
- You’ll be scheduling and coordinating the activities of staff, assessing resources and allocating work to meet project and client requirements
- You’ll be responsible for safety, lab CCIL certification, preparing for lab audits, maintaining quality control and ensuring timely execution of lab and field tests
- You’ll perform lab and field tests as required - review lab and field test results and reports to ensure standards of quality, accuracy and timely reporting are met
- You’ll manage and deliver high quality work products safely, on-time and to the satisfaction of the client
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Registration or eligible for registration as Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia is required for this role
- Minimum of five years experience in construction QA/QC testing and inspection
- Minimum of two years experience supervising a CCIL Types Q and R concrete laboratory and Type D aggregate laboratory
- Experience directing and managing staff with excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task with the ability to make quick decisions requiring sound judgment and experience
- Sound knowledge of laboratory tests, field testing and inspection
- Customer focused orientation
- Unrestricted Driver’s License that is valid in the Province of British Columbia (BC Driver License Class 5)
- Must pass physical, and background checks, and must have a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to lift maximum 50 pounds
- Must be able to accommodate a rotating schedule, this position is 14 days on @ 12 hrs/day, 14 days off
- Must be able to pass drug/alcohol testing and background check
- What about vaccination - BC Hydro no longer requires it but WSP does. Ajay, please check WSP language on what they have been using.