Construction Management Coordinator
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Management Coordinator - ( 230000V3 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your role will be to provide fully qualified coordination of construction activities and contract administration in a fast-paced professional, design and delivery environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates daily onsite construction activities liaising with contractors, design professionals, clients and relevant external parties.
- Provides input to the development of project schedules, coordinates the work according to approved schedules, reports schedule deviations and provides recommendations on any schedule modifications.
- Reports deviations from contract documents and codes to Project Manager. Follows through with responsible party until resolution.
- Schedules and coordinates reviews and inspections.
- Maintains records of activities including work completed and inspected.
- Meets, reviews and reports to the project team on construction status, issues and concerns.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, videos and pictures.
- Participates in the implementation of safety controls and promotes a safe workplace.
- Working in a remote site-based location including driving and navigating a construction environment
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience.
- Minimum of 2-6 years of experience.
The position will primarily work in a hybrid office or remote setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Fort McMurray
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Organization : BC-1136 Transpt-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 24, 2023, 9:07:47 AM
Req ID: 230000V3
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans