Construction Inspector & Contract Administration
City : OTTAWA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Inspector & Contract Administration - ( 2400005Y )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a construction inspection and construction management role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership for construction projects. These projects consist of water pipelines, sitework for municipal water and sewer facilities, sewer lines, roadway systems, and other infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, and related infrastructure.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for representing Stantec’s and the Owner’s interests on a construction site.
- May be responsible for leading the team in monitoring the progress of the project’s construction activities to review that cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Works closely with Architects and Engineers in coordinating the planning and implementation of the project and obtaining necessary permits and licenses for timely opening of site.
- Inspects and reviews projects during construction to monitor conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Documents construction activities as required (field book and/or electronically).
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Provides the Project Manager with updates on project progress or delays to client, design professionals, and/or contractor.
- Reviews and evaluates plans and specifications to review that designs are practical for construction.
- Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
- Reviews requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Manages deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, and pictures.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff in company procedures, standards and software.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical specialist in all relevant areas of construction, and understanding of various design and construction methods.
- Requires advanced knowledge of local, provincial and federal building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Excellent organizational skills, documental skills, and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or university engineering degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and construction experience. Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Organization : BC-1634 Water-CA Ontario East & Atlantic
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 15, 2024, 8:33:45 AM
Req ID: 2400005Y
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans