Construction Cost Analyst
City : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Construction - Office
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Ottawa, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Construction Office, Ottawa Division
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Construction Cost Analyst is responsible to manage all indirect budgets, review all field expenditures and provide proactive analytical support for the Construction department, in collaboration with the Production Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, and Finance team. This role will be responsible for supporting the field team while negotiating all field expenditures, with a focus on keeping costs down while meeting all quality standards
What you’ll do
- Implement cost accounting methods and activities which provide the timely visibility of trends.
- Assist with audit schedules and compliance documents.
- Investigate, identify and develop the Soft Cost Unit rates (rate sheet) based on contracts awarded to suppliers.
- Review scope of work and negotiate all costs for incoming Purchase Orders.
- Assists in resolving pricing inquires with site staff.
- Support in the review of all Open Commitments.
- Perform proactive cost comparison and analysis as requested.
- Research and eliminate all material, trade contractor and site variances. Monitor and communicate hard-cost changes due to cost increases and quantity changes.
- Assist with budgets, physical inventory reconciliation, control, and procedures.
- Help identify cost saving techniques, materials, and procedures.
- Support departmental goals by assisting team members as directed.
What you bring
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Construction, Building Science, Architecture, Economics, Business, or Finance.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in the construction industry, in a purchasing, estimating or financial analysis role.
- Strong mathematical and analytical aptitude required
- Analytical ability required to investigate historical information and compare and contrast
- Excellent Excel / spreadsheet computer skills
- Understanding of the process of construction and budgets involved
- Ability to prepare and analyze budgets and reports
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.