Construction Contract Administrator – Civil Infrastructure
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Contract Administrator - Civil Infrastructure - ( 2100037D )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting and construction role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership for construction projects. These projects consist of watermains and sewers construction involving a range of construction techniques including tunnelling, rehabilitation and open cut. Please note: The hours of work for this position may vary based on construction schedules and may be impacted by seasonality of work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Daily oversight and supervision of the site inspectors for assigned projects and administration of the construction contract.
- Oversees and administers health and safety policies on site, including educating and mentoring construction inspection staff on health and safety policies and procedures.
- Observing and reviewing projects during construction, monitoring conformance with plans, specifications, and other codes and regulations.
- Monitoring the progress of construction activities, ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Reviews requests for payment draws from Contractors and prepares payment certifications to the project owner.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to the Project Manager, Client and design team to resolve site issues.
- Provides a public relations role to the public on construction projects.
- Provides the Project Manager and/or Client with updates on project progress or delays.
- Reviews change orders and field orders for reasonableness of pricing and constructability.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including correspondence, reports, and pictures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of local, and provincial building codes, construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation
- Ability to prepare and interpret sketches, drawings and other similar material.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work efficiently and effectively within a team and independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate in the construction industry or equivalent in a contract administration role with supervisory responsibility. Minimum of 10 years of experience.
Position will work in both a field and office setting. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Must be available to travel for out of town projects when needed.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Civil Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1656 Water-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 23, 2021, 9:45:47 AM
Req ID: 2100037D
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans