Construction Contract Administrator/Architectural Technologist
City : Moncton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Contract Administrator/Architectural Technologist - ( 2300027M )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Dartmouth Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your role as a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team is to work independently to assist clients through the creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. This position focuses on multiple constructions projects and your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be reviewing the construction of projects with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the construction stage, while mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform quality control/constructability reviews on drawings and specifications prior to issuing documents for permit/tender.
- Attend site meeting, oversee activities on multiple construction projects & prepare site reports.
- Provide progress reports to owner on a regular basis.
- Review shop drawings, answer Contractor requests for information and issue Contract Changes.
- Mentor design and technical staff on construction and Practice issues.
- Provide updates and reports to Principal-In-Charge/management.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work independently and in team environment.
- Sound technical and building envelope knowledge, strong understanding of codes, and familiarity with Nova Scotia construction practices.
- Positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent and proven communication skills with clients, contractors, and authorities.
- Review progress claims from Contractors.
- Some travel is required and may involve working in a variety of environmental conditions.
- Recognized credentials from a construction contract administration course or other equivalent training an asset.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Requires solid understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Architectural Technology.
- 8-10 years’ experience with a focus on the construction phase of projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.#DesignYourPlace
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Moncton
Organization : BC-1401 Buildings-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 26, 2023, 8:36:49 AM
Req ID: 2300027M
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans