City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Construction Administrator - ( 230003V1 )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
At Stantec, we bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it’s an urban park, a mixed-use community, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we’re part of the community too and we care about the places where we live—just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Community Development Group is dedicated to building healthy and resilient communities where we live, work and play. Successful communities are created where design and life intersect. This is your place to make a difference!
An opportunity exists in our Markham office for a Construction Administrator. As the successful candidate, you will be responsible to participate in the preparation of construction documents and manage site construction activities on land development projects with minimal supervision.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide onsite reviews and coordination of sub consultants with respect to construction projects
- Prepare and distribute construction administration documents
- Review of monthly progress draws and issue certificate of payment to client.
- Review and respond to contractor documentation such as RFI’s and Shop Drawings
- Act as prime consultants representative during the construction phase of projects to both contractor and owner
- Prepare and/or participate in review of construction documents for tendering of projects
- Prepare cost estimates of land development construction works.
- Work with clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Review construction sites and provide deficiency reports
- Liaise with municipalities and design team to facilitate certification of constructed works and return of securities.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive knowledge in the field of inspection and contract administration of municipal engineering works with a preference working on Land Development projects is considered an asset.
- Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications.
- Familiarity with sewer, watermain, and road construction materials, methods and processes.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and pdf markup. Knowledge of AutoCAD is considered an asset.
- Ideally, you are also self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to prioritize multiple tasks.
Education and Experience
P.Eng or CET designation with 5 years of Contract Administration and Site Inspection experience on large civil projects. RCSI or RCCA designation is considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1606 CommDev-CA Ontario East
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 21, 2023, 7:33:19 AM
Req ID: 230003V1
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans