City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Constructability Analyst - ( 230003LJ )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Reporting to the Deputy Construction Manager, the Constructability Analyst will be responsible for providing constructability reviews of design documents and construction contract documents. This will allow growth potential as you will be exposed to clients, design and construction team members, program and project management processes, and strong project leaders. You will have the support and mentorship of our leadership and expert Programs and Project Management team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provides constructability reviews of design documents and construction contract documents to identify issues to reduce construction costs minimize the potential for delays and claims and to ensure an easily constructed project.
- Reviews documents to ensure clear and enforceable contract language and to evaluate construction sequencing, methodologies, scheduling and temporary works.
- Report to Deputy Construction Manager
- Review all scope, construction, and bid documentation (both during Scope review at the Design phase and in preparation of issuing Tender/Construction documents prior to Bid) for completeness and adequacy of the presented designs, analysis of constructability, logical sequencing, scheduling and complexity of project elements
- Compile and provide review comments to the Senior Project Engineer within the required timelines
- Review rebuttals and responses to review comments to ensure major unresolved issues (including items that have potential for claims) have been addressed prior to bid release. Work with the Deputy Construction Manager or Construction Manager to address issues if they cannot be resolved with the project team
- Ensure that the contract documents are coordinated, complete and buildable
- Prepare sign-off documentation for review by Construction Manager
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software
- Proficient at reading drawings, schematics and specifications
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities
Education and Experience
- Ten years of related experience in engineering, construction or contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in claim analysis and review preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA Program Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 15, 2023, 2:54:45 PM
Req ID: 230003LJ
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans