Configuration Management (CM) Specialist.
City : Ottawa
Category : Software & Systems
Industry : IT
Employer : BlackBerry
BlackBerry QNX is seeking a talented and motivated individual to serve as a Configuration Management (CM) Specialist.
The CM Specialist will provide both process and development expertise to oversee the evolution of BlackBerry QNX CM practices to better align with CM practices applicable to BlackBerry QNX markets such as automotive (ASPICE/ISO 26262/IEC 61508), medical (IEC 62304), and other industries.
As an expert in CM you will assist in the development of overall CM practices, provide oversight and drive improvements to the CM practices of various teams, and lead the adoption and development of improved CM tooling.
This role is responsible for the management of organization-wide CM processes such as Configuration Management Templates and Baselining strategies. The CM Specialist will work closely with other teams such as product management, project management, build and test teams to ensure CM activities are performed smoothly.
Development activities involve the creation of new tools and the deployment of third-party CM tools. This includes writing tools to automate CM activities (such as baselining), developing new internal tools and integrations to facilitate CM requirements, and overseeing the selection and deployment of CM tools from external vendors.
- Oversee the evolution of CM strategy and processes to align with Automotive SPICE and other standards.
- Provide oversight and coordination of CM activities for BlackBerry QNX products and projects
- Lead the evolution of the CM strategy for all configuration items, including code, binaries, and work products in document form.
- Develop tools and automation to perform CM tasks efficiently
- Provide expertise in CM standards (e.g. IEEE 828-2012 Standard for CM, or equivalent)
- Develop tooling to perform baseline activities across a range of tools and technologies.
- Drive continuous improvement and champion Configuration Management excellence
- Participate in customer-facing activities relative to CM product and project aspects (e.g. external audits, customer questionnaires, RFP responses, etc.).
- Coordinate CM activities in accordance with Automotive SPICE, ISO 26262:2018, IEC 61508, and IEEE 828. (E.g. baselining, branching, tagging, etc.)
The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This is not an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Direct experience with implementing a software development organizations’ configuration management system to one or more of the following quality-related standards:
- IEEE 828
- SPICE ISO/IEC 15504 and/or Automotive SPICE
- ISO 26262
- IEC 61508
- SEI – CMMI
- IEC 62304
- ISO 10007
- Experience maintaining large SCM projects.
- Software Development skills and experience
- Proficiency and experience developing tools
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High degree of motivation and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies
- A love for automating tasks, improving efficiency, and demonstrating results
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Appropriate technology related degree or equivalent related experience
- Knowledge of common build infrastructure and source control (Jenkins, git, SVN, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the QNX operating system
- Knowledge of common documentation tools (Confluence, JIRA, JAMA, etc.)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40