Compliance Senior Advisor
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Permanent Full-Time
Industry : Information technology
Employer : National Bank
A career as a Cybersecurity Compliance Advisor reporting to BISO at the National Bank of Canada means addressing cybersecurity risks in the business sectors concerned, more specifically those related to compliance, with the aim of mitigating them.
- Act as Cybersecurity compliance expert for the first line of defense
- Collaborate with security and IT experts, in the second line of defense, as well as with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with the various regulations while maintaining a level of security in line with the Bank's requirements and targets.
- Carry out compliance reviews for the technology component and support expert teams.
- Analyze regulatory requirements and propose an alignment of practices to meet said requirements.
- Anticipate regulatory developments in the Security sector: read, analyze and understand the requirements of regulations applicable to financial institutions in terms of cybersecurity, and determine the impacts and consequences for the National Bank.
- Maintain a clear view of our compliance with applicable regulations.
- Carry out complex and varied analyses and interpret the results in order to provide useful information for decision-making.
Our IT function brings together 2,300 professionals with a collaborative, proactive and agile mindset. Day to day, we actively work to seize opportunities, stay on the cutting edge of technology, and continuously improve processes.
We ultimately aim to offer you maximum flexibility and quality of life. This notably means a hybrid work environment, as well as adaptable working hours.
The Bank values continuous development and internal mobility. Our personalized training programs enable you to master your job and develop new areas of expertise. Tools such as the Data Academy, language training, the Harvard Learning Center as well as coaching and mentoring support are available to you, at all times.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in cybersecurity compliance
- Experience in assessing information security controls
- Risk knowledge: concept of compliance, legal and reputational risk
- Knowledge of some standards (ISO 27001, NIST)
- Knowledge of cybersecurity best practices: IAM processes, data/asset protection, vulnerability management, etc.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic