Competitive Intelligence & Pricing Specialist
City : Markham, ON
Category : Staff
Industry : Automotive
Employer : Hyundai Canada
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is headquartered in Markham, Ontario and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea. Hyundai markets a full line-up of vehicles in this country – from subcompact to premium sedans to sport utility and crossovers – and is committed to providing world-class, well-engineered products paired with a customer shopping and ownership experience that exceed expectations.
When Hyundai entered the Canadian market in 1983, it was the company’s first overseas subsidiary. Since that time, it has grown into one of the best selling automotive brands in Canada. Hyundai’s success can be attributed to the quality, safety, and design of its vehicles, which is reflected in numerous, high-profile awards they have recently won.
The Competitive Intelligence & Pricing Specialist directly reports to the Manager, Product Pricing in our Markham, Ontario facility. In this fulltime role, you will be responsible for providing ongoing industry information, competitive & market intelligence and Zero-Emission Vehicle (ZEV)/Greenhouse gas (GHG) Compliance profit-generating strategies to support the Product Team. You will also support the development of market-based pricing proposals and implementation of pricing and production mix strategies to achieve corporate profit targets.
• Champion the collection, analysis and distribution of relevant industry research.
• Design and implement product competitive analysis that can be both qualitative and quantitative.
• Conduct data analysis and reporting on market trends and shifts in industry as well as competitive & customer intelligence.
• Stay current on industry developments and the impact on Hyundai and Genesis Canada portfolio.
• Closely monitor the automotive market trends and prepare Competitive Intelligence Reporting on a regular basis
• Produce commentary based on data analysis to provide market intelligence and actionable recommendations relating to potential market development activities.
• Develop and implement profit-oriented pricing strategy that properly balances both market demand and competitiveness to maximize Hyundai and Genesis profitability and market share growth
• Prepare competitive landscape analysis especially on Green Car segment in preparation of upcoming zero-emission vehicle standard to be mandated by Government of Canada
• Collaborate with Regulatory Team to closely track all GHG/ZEV Credit balances and design credit sales profit analysis to explore potential opportunity to generate revenue while compliance obligations are met
• Coordinate with Compliance Specialist to design mid to long-term profitability forecast from GHG/ZEV Credit Sales based on the compliance credit balance projection and provide recommendation to senior leaders
• Support the development of robust commercial pricing models; prepare value-adjusted analysis based on the content of vehicle for new Hyundai and Genesis vs. Competitors and make recommendation on pricing that maximizes both profitability and market competitiveness
• Prepare market pricing performance trend reports and monitor competitive landscape to provide up-to-date data to senior leaders and stakeholders
• Closely work with various vendors including JD Power, ALG, Canadian Black Book (CBB) and ChromeData to provide all required information to conduct residual value study and prepare public pricing release on all new vehicles.
• Actively communicate with vendors to track the progress of residual value study and ensure deliverables are met on time to meet the vehicle launch schedule
• Strong understanding of the Automotive industry and competitive landscape.
• Assertive team player, ability to positively influence without direct authority to drive deliverables.
• Experience working with unstructured datasets and disparate data sources.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
•Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with emphasis on MS Excel and PowerPoint; confident with intermediate functions, modelling and dashboard creation.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented, self-starter and forward thinking.
• Excellent written, verbal and Executive level communication skills.
• Strong work ethic with internal motivation to succeed.
• Bilingual (French/English) is an asset but not required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND DESIGNATIONS
• Undergraduate degree a related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in a related field. Previous experience in the automotive industry is preferred.
Why join our team?
Our award-winning culture has been recognized through our Great Place to Work™ certification for the past 4 years. We have been able to achieve this not only thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team members to our business, but also through a variety of fun activities and opportunities throughout the year which allow us to build strong engagement! When you join Hyundai Auto Canada Corp., you will become part of an organization that promotes diversity, inclusion and overall well-being. We offer an excellent benefits package including RSP matching, flexible start times, maternity leave top up, an attractive vehicle-lease program, demo vehicles for Managers and education support.
The first round of candidates will be reviewed on or before August 15, 2022.
We are committed to providing employees with an experience that will help them grow and develop professionally. Ideal candidates are self-starters, team players and thrive in a dynamic environment. If you are looking to build your career with a growing organization where you can use your knowledge, skills and talents, consider joining our team.
Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and their accessibility requirements. If you require accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will take all reasonable steps required to meet your accessibility requirements.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.