City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Compensation Analyst - ( 24000039 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 28,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compensation Analyst to join our Global Compensation team! This role will support the development of our foundational compensation programs, coordinate our annual salary survey submissions, and support the maintenance of our job structure and compensation systems. This position is ideal for a highly detailed individual with great analytical skills who wants to continue their development as a Compensation professional. Join our collaborative Human Resources team and play an important role delivering compensation programs for our organization!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate the overall schedule, data collection, and data submission for annual participation in global salary surveys.
- Provide key data analysis and support for compensation programs.
- Support the research and work collaboratively with HR and internal subject matter experts to perform market analysis.
- Develop knowledge and skills in compensation-related HR processes; using this to introduce process efficiencies, analyze and identify trends, and make recommendations to drive improvement.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of salary ranges.
- Provide systems support for job structure maintenance in Oracle, salary structure creation and market analysis in PayFactors, and annual review and STIP processing in the Compensation Toolkit.
- Stay current on compensation trends to help support assessments of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures, and assist with plan revisions as needed, in support of the strategic objectives and evolving external requirements.
- Develop and/or maintain a variety of excel-based tools to support team and client-based projects and processes.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Developing knowledge of compensation best practices and principles
- Experience compiling, analyzing, and interpreting large amounts of information/data from multiple sources
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills required; advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience with HRIS Systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with compensation-related legislation, rules, and regulations for North America required; multi-national knowledge preferred
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1197 HR Talent Services-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 9, 2024, 9:37:50 AM
Req ID: 24000039
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans