Community Services Assistant-Scheduler
City : CAN - ON - Timmins & District Branch
Category : CHW-Transportation
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Community Services Assistant - Scheduler
Location: Office/In-person (Timmins, ON)
Type of Contract: Permanent full time
Salary Band: $31,897 - $39,871/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Community Services Assistant-Scheduler to join our Community Health & Wellness Team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
We are looking for a Community Services Assistant-Scheduler to assist and support the daily activities of the Transportation and Meals on Wheels Programs in the Timmins & District community. The Community Services Assistant-Scheduler will ensure that service coordination related to or between client service and CRC personnel are performed in an accurate and efficient manner in accordance with the Canadian Red Cross, Community Support Services mission, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, and local contract requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Provide client/transportation service coordination daily including developing/distributing client/Volunteers service schedules and informing client/Volunteers via telephone or voicemail of changes to schedules.
- Assist with referrals/intake information
- Receive notification from clients/Volunteers of factors affecting re-assignment of clients.
- Report any unresolved service coordination difficulties to immediate Supervisor/Manager, as appropriate.
- Enter all relevant client information into the Client Information Management System (CIMS). Verify the integrity of data and make corrections as necessary.
- Assess availability and appropriateness of personnel for routine assignments according to local requirements, policies & procedures and the Collective Agreement where applicable.
- Produce schedules and report on a regular basis, and upon request of the Supervisor/Manager.
- Record all communications and consequent actions in appropriate fields/locations.
- Collaborate with accounting to ensure accurate and timely billing and payroll functions.
- Receive concerns from clients and personnel with regards to scheduling practices and redirects to the appropriate professional.
- Advise appropriate Supervisor/Manager within the local branch of existing and anticipated staffing requirements.
- Provide clerical support to the Supervisor/Manager and, as required, support and general direction to personnel.
- Process faxes, photocopying, and electronic mail and distributes staff mailings, as required.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are one to two (1-2) years of postsecondary education and one to three (1-3) years of job related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Customer service experience is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow.
- Experience in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.
- Experience with Excel and CIMS is an asset.
- Bilingualism is a requirement (English/French).
- 35-hour work week, Monday to Friday (8:30 am-4:30 pm).
- Most of the work is performed in an office environment.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.