City : WHITEHORSE
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Community Planner - ( 240000GT )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
As a Community Planner you will have the opportunity to work on a diversity of projects such as community, land use and regional plans; master plans for new neighbourhoods; community and stakeholder engagement on a variety of topics; and helping communities plan for climate change and increase resiliency. In Stantec’s Whitehorse office our planning team regularly works with our multi-disciplinary teams on engineering, architectural and environmental projects. We work with Indigenous people, communities, all levels of government, businesses, utilities, and non-government organizations across the North to plan for sustainable futures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of planning related projects across the North.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates the technical aspects of assigned projects.
- Performs research on projects as required to provide the background information and identify options.
- Develops high quality reports, policies and presentations.
- Plans and facilitates public engagement on a wide range of topics using different techniques.
- Communicates effectively with clients to resolve technical project issues, present and explain reports and designs and provide service to meet client’s goals.
- Manages projects and teams and coordinates work within defined project scopes, budgets and schedules.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of planning concepts.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Planning or a related field. Must be a certified or candidate member of the Canadian Institute of Planners or affiliate organization. Minimum of 8 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers. Remote and hybrid working arrangements may be considered. Some travel and work outside of regular business hours may be required (such as to attend meetings or public events). May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Yukon-Whitehorse
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 31, 2024, 11:59:30 AM
Req ID: 240000GT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans