Community Cruiser Representative – Summer Contract
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:We are looking for a passionate and energetic person to help represent the Maple Leaf and Schneiders brands across Ontario. As the Community Cruiser Representative, you will help local grocery stores fundraise for their selected charitable organization, one hot dog at a time. You will drive to each destination, connect with some amazing Ontarians, and give away thousands of hot dogs in the process.
Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by February 06. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Complete or already have Canada Food Safety Certification, ensuring full compliance with health and safety regulations
- Prior to each event, connect with Maple Leaf Field Sales team member to review event details and timing
- Prepare the Community Cruiser for events on arrival and connect with Store Managers to ensure that the event is supplied with product
- Cook and serve Hot Dogs to event attendees, with any donations collected by a charity representative with each hot dog served
- Keep track of all inventory used
- Hand out coupons / or samples to event attendees
- Provide product knowledge on Maple Leaf brands and promotions
- Clean up after each event
- Connect with main store contact and charity representative at the end of each event to summarize the inventory used and confirm the charitable amount raised by the event.
- Maintain Community Cruiser vehicle and BBQ equipment to the highest safety standards
- Overnight travel will be required upon request and with advanced notice, and accommodations and per diem will be provided
- Execute approximately 60-70 events throughout the summer (Contract term May 6th to Aug 23rd, 2024)
What You’ll Bring:
- Working towards completion of a university degree, preferably in Business and/or MBA
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to adapt or problem solve to deal with challenging situations
- Responsible, punctual, and professional
- Highly self-motivated, accountable, and reliable
- Canada Food Safety Certification recently completed or to be completed within first week in role
- Valid “G” class driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience driving a truck and trailer, with the ability to hitch/unhitch trailer, is considered an asset
- Knowledge and passion for the brands we sell
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.