City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Communications
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity available for a Communications Director to join our Communications team. Reporting to the Chief Retail Operations Officer, you will be responsible for leading, developing and executing external and internal strategic and operational communications to create a cohesive strategy across the organization and meet business objectives.
This is a unique role that supports communications, public relations, and events for both our internal teams and our Dealer Network across Canada. If you offer strong communications and leadership experience and are looking to make a positive impact on one of Canada’s leading retailers, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the planning and overall execution of the Home Hardware’s communication plan including day-to-day operations and oversight of Corporate Communications, Public Relations and Events.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and execute oversight on innovative communications, Public Relations and Event plans that effectively reach and impact customers (internal and external).
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop and ensure timely execution of national plans.
- Provides direction, input and support to Communications, Public Relations, and Events Managers for the effective execution of programs.
- Oversight of events with press, public, associations according to the communication strategy and manage crisis/reputational issues.
- Oversee the communications’ response during crisis and issue management situations, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Delivers programs on time and on budget.
- Direct French communications strategy and translations for organization.
- Responsible for the leadership and the professional development of Team Members, providing leadership and promoting open communications and ongoing learning and development.
- Inspire and engage the team and agencies to ensure executional excellence.
- Lead and develop a high performing Communications team.
- Provide council and support to business leaders regarding communications and media-related issues.
- Works with business leads to incorporate core values into meaningful language.
What we’re looking for:
- Eight to ten years’ experience in a Communications role, with a focus on creating, translating, and defending an organization’s corporate identity in a high volume and high impact environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to synthesize messages into meaningful and engaging communication as well as public speaking.
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience in leading a high performing team.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, high-impact field while still producing high quality work.
- Experience managing +$50MM communication budget.
- Retail experience is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational, multitasking and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needed.
- Strong Microsoft Office capabilities.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
What Home offers:
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.