City : Mississauga
Category : Other
Industry : Food
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
What is the opportunity?
Maple Leaf Foods is looking for a Communications and Operations CO-OP Support Analyst that will provide remote support to our various locations as well as local support to locations in the GTHA. We are a dynamic environment that works with various forms of networking and computing technology. The role will not only encompass support of day to day operations but project work as well. If you are chosen as our new analyst you will work not only on or networks but also our plant systems that utilize virtualized compute environments. The majority of our systems support our manufacturing plants and our key areas of effort around these facilities. There is also a large office footprint in our Mississauga Head Office where you will be based out of our corporate office located at 6985 Financial Drive Mississauga; Ontario.
What will you do?
- Provide excellent customer service by execution of network technical projects and support operations that are designed to increase the business effectiveness of the Maple Leaf Foods infrastructure.
- Participate on infrastructure based projects.
- Communicate technical issues in business terms to appropriate stakeholders.
- Technical Writing and Documentation
- Follow/review Standard Operating Procedures related to delivering effective preventative maintenance and solutions.
- Participate in project related work outside of normal business hours.
- Participate in support work outside of normal business hours
- Occasional travel to location in GTHA via own car.
- Adhere to Infrastructure architecture governance and standards.
- Provide infrastructure analysis as required
- Provide support for Maple Leaf Foods infrastructure.
- Network Performance Report writing.
- Microsoft Share Point Administration
- Perform Support work assisting the Communications and Operations Teams
What do you need to succeed?
The successful applicant will possess a job experience in the data LAN/WAN networking field and systems experience via their COOP program in a College diploma with post-secondary education course(s)
- 2ND and 3rd COOP terms only
- Cover letters and grades a requirement.
- WSIB a requirement
- Candidate must have good knowledge if Windows and Linux based operations systems.
- Candidate will be supporting Cisco technologies and therefore experience in the following technologies is an asset.
- Support and implement branch office routers, switches and wireless access points
o Cisco Catalyst switches 2960, 3650, 3750
o Cisco Router 1800, 1900 and 2800, 2900 series
o Wireless Controllers like the Cisco 5508 and 2504 model
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in large or small groups
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and support in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with the business on a non-technical level.
- Flexible to a changing environment.
What’s in it for you?
Being a co-op student means making many tough decisions but we want this to be one of your easy decisions by providing you with the opportunity to:
- Network and build lasting relationships with students from diverse backgrounds from across Canada
- Make a difference and lasting impact
- Mentorship and support from our leadership trainees and senior leaders
- Training and development through Maple Leaf's Leadership Learning Hub and through our learning workshops
- Opportunity to participate in Taste Testings allowing you to provide feedback on our products
- Potential opportunity to be part of the Leadership Training program after graduation
- Potential opportunity to attend tech events courtesy of Maple Leaf Foods
- Enjoy a comfortable work environment with the option to dress casually
- Volunteer at our Maple Leaf Center for Action on Food Security
- Become the Ping Pong Champion of the company!
About Maple Leaf Foods
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada's leading consumer packaged meats company, headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Do you have a passion for innovation, desire to building world-class IT systems and most of all, a craving for food? Well, the Information Solutions Team at Maple Leaf Foods is the perfect fit! Think of Maple Leaf Foods as a billion dollar start up in the food industry with the resources to fuel your ideas.
Number of Co-op students:
Typically, 15 co-op students are hired as part of the Information Solutions Department. For more information, please visit us at as https://www.mapleleaffoods.com
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office/Plant – as required
Career Level: Student Job
Pay: Based on program year completed
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated