Commercial Mortgage Specialist
City : NEW WESTMINSTER, British Columbia, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
This role covers the BC region and more specifically, the Greater Vancouver Region.
What is the opportunity?
As a Commercial Mortgage Specialist, you will develop and deliver on business priorities and improving the Client Experience through advice based underwriting of Commercial Mortgages to new and existing clients within an assigned market territory. You will provide insight, focused financial advice, and solutions to meet the clients’ business and financial goals.
What will you do?
- Complete the full analysis on real estate properties and underwrites credit submission to group risk management.
- Price transactions and collects fees, within prescribed guidelines, maintaining a balance of sales results, profitability, and relationship-building.
- Be proactive and strategic by forward booking your calendar with the Commercial Centres, RM’s and clients you support.
- Positively impact the client experience by assessing client needs, working with Group Risk Management to negotiate appropriate structures and effectively leverage internal operations to fulfill and fund facilities in a timely manner.
- You are a real estate expert, specifically within our commercial mortgage business and you provide unique insights and solutions to existing and new clients as their needs and market dynamics change.
- Present solutions that clearly articulate the benefits to the client and help clients understand alternatives within the commercial mortgage business.
- Understand the client’s financial situation, leverage insight from RBC colleagues and partners to ensure respect for client’s time and demonstrate interest in the client’s business as part of your pre-contact planning review for all client calls/meetings.
- Take responsibility of client problems at first point of contact, engaging appropriate partners to effectively resolve the problems.
- Participate in the local market – community fundraising, customer appreciation days, community associations, businesses clubs, trade shows, etc.
What do you need to succeed?
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial banking or real estate advisory services.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with clients face to face in the acquisition of new business.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to stakeholder solutions to clients and internal partners
- Experience with commercial real estate and/or commercial real estate transactions.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.