Commercial Lead – IBD GI Specialty
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time, Sales and Marketing
Industry : Global Portfolio Division - EUCAN
Employer : Takeda
Strategic development and, in partnership with other internal stakeholders, implementation of marketing plans for Entyvio and other GI product(s) as defined by the business unit head. Leads inter-disciplinary teams and partners with internal stakeholders (market access, patient services, supply) to ensure excellence in patient experience.
Provides strategic direction to the IBD marketing team and supports the Product Managers who develop and implement a highly effective, integrated and comprehensive Brand Plan, by defining, promoting and owning team initiatives and deliverables with a competitive advantage.
Establishes and monitors promotional budgets to ensure profitability objectives are met. Manages brand budgets, develops marketing plans, supports brand sales training, provides input for the sales brand forecast, and develops short/long term brand objectives for assigned Entyvio.
Partners with the sales force and sales management to obtain insights, develop brand strategies and guarantee implementation of key tactics in alignment with brand strategy. Collaborates with sales management and training groups to recommend content and tactics in the development of training material and programs.
Partners closely with operational excellence analytics team to distill insight, validate business opportunities, optimize marketing mix, and monitor ROI of individual tactics.
Responsible for KOL commercial engagement strategy and execution, including leading commercial ad boards and engagement at congress/ events.
Act as a subject matter expert for GI product(s) and provide input and support to the GI Business Unit Head in the planning and execution of strategies and tactics aimed at securing Takeda as a leader and partner of choice in GI.
Performs these responsibilities within the framework of corporate policies, procedures, and objectives and within applicable Canadian laws and regulations.
Guides the develop and implementation of approved marketing plans to meet corporate sales and profitability objectives.
Coaches and supervises the Product Manager and embraces the Quality Conversations framework by providing regular clarity on priorities and ongoing feedback to leverage the strengths in the team and promote their growth, development and engagement level
Responsible for the brand P&L in terms of key financial tasks for the brand including the development of annual budgets, operating plan, market sales forecasts, and quarterly updates, etc. Monitor actual sales versus forecasts and recommend plan of action.
Collaborate and lead without authority across functional areas; organize people, activities, communication and resources around a common goal and to achieve business objectives in a timely manner and create sustainable, long-term relationships with thought leader advocates and customer advocacy groups.
Work with the sales force, Professional Education Specialist, training specialists and other internal/external stakeholders guiding the development of effective sales materials, strategies and plans of action.
Partner with internal stakeholders (sales, market access, patient services, supply) to develop and implement strategies to enhance and simplify the patient experience from prescription to administration and maintenance.
SKILLS and LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Strong strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, action oriented and centered on results.
- Well-developed strategic marketing capabilities to develop and execute on strategies and ensure smooth handoff and pull-through for tactical materials and programs
- Highly capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects, proactively driving opportunities to meet brand objectives, and effectively influencing internal and external partners
- Ability to generate new solutions & develop creative marketing approaches;
- Solid awareness of business issues, processes & outcomes as they impact company’s strategic direction;
- Ability to influence others to a desired mutually beneficial outcome;
- Ability to identify key issues and take actions rapidly when developing solutions, plans and objectives;
- Solid analytical and organizational skills, determine priorities and follow through on projects and assignments and complete them in a timely manner;
- Customer and patient focused.
- Solid teamwork abilities
- Lead development of strategic plans done in a cross-functional way, ensure execution of tactical plan;
- Management of assigned budget and brand P&L
Preferred Experience and Education
- Bachelor In Health Science related discipline and/or Business Administration; M Sc in Health Sciences, MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience in biotech or bio-pharmaceutical brand marketing
- Evidence of highly effective communication, analytical, planning, and organizational/project management skills required
- Understanding of the Canadian public reimbursement environment is an asset
- Knowledge of gastrointestinal therapeutic areas is an asset.
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Knowledge in digital marketing and Omnichannel
- Additional knowledge in digital solutions to upscale brand performance is an asset
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Bilinguism (English/French) is an asset