Commercial Execution Associate- Contract
City : Mississauga
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the Commercial Execution Team. The Commercial Execution Associate will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end execution of initiatives related to product launches and modifications. Reporting to a Commercial Execution Manager, you will partner with cross-functional teams to support the delivery of projects using prescribed project management methodology, standards, tools and processes.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Coordinate, plan and execute activities related to our products such as reformulations, packaging changes, and product launches
- Communicate key critical path dates to all stakeholders ensuring clarity of scope and deliverables
- Actively problem solve to help overcome identified obstacles that may delay project milestones
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to drive engagement, maintain accountability, and ensure ongoing alignment within the commercial teams
- Contribute to the Maple Leaf product development stage gate process and provide continuous support to Commercial Execution Managers and Project Champions
- Monitor and report progress, leveraging metrics to provide updates to working teams on an ongoing basis
What You’ll Bring:We’re looking for a keen team player who understands the importance of executing with excellence, is collaborative and process-oriented, and is passionate about continuous improvement. Leveraging your strong project management skills and ability to progress on multiple priorities concurrently will help you deliver top results. Your effective communication skills and ability to cultivate strong relationships with cross-functional teams will allow you to be successful in this role. Being a strategic thinker with the ability to understand the big picture and exercise solid business judgement is key. Utilizing strong problem-solving skills to anticipate roadblocks and proactively working to avoid them is critical for success. We’re committed to disciplined decision making and data plays a big part in this role, which requires comfort with Microsoft Office applications, and an ability to quickly learn new programs.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career..
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.