Commercial Credit Advisor, Credit Advisory Group
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
You will contribute to the strategic Canadian Banking (CB) and CB Operation’s business priorities by supporting Commercial Account Managers (CAM) in the credit renewal process and the adjudication of credit origination for all files <$2MM TSNE. You will lead and coach a team of Commercial Credit Advisors (CAA), supporting CAMs with the credit renewal process and adjudicating credit origination. You will be accountable for credit renewals, increases at renewal, reviewing and establishing the customer’s BRR and ensuring credit structures adequately mitigate the respective credit risks.
What will you do?
- Support Commercial Account Managers (CAM) in the credit process
- Lead and coach a team of about seven CAA on credit analysis and structuring to enhance credit quality and client experience
- Focus on sound Risk Management, process efficiency, and process alignment specifically for credit renewals and adjudication for direct reports
- Accountable for credit renewals, including increases at renewal, reviewing and establishing the client’s risk rating (BRR), and ensuring credit structures
- Adjudicate transaction requests within Delegated Lending Authorities using sound judgment and employing a balanced approach to growth and portfolio quality
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience in Small Business and/or Commercial credit
- Strong leadership skills
- Deep expertise in Small Business or Commercial lending guidelines and policies
- Solid knowledge of commercial credit analysis and adjudication
- Professional oral and written communication and presentation skills
- University degree
- Flexible to work form both office locations, at 20 York Mills in Toronto and 6880 Financial drive in Mississauga
- People management experience
- Prior experience as a Small Business or Commercial account manager
- Experience using MS Outlook, RBCnet, CWB, SYNERGY, NEWTON, word processing & spreadsheets
- Industry experience in multiple sectors, such as Real Estate, Health Care, Manufacturing, Business Professionals or Tech Banking
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions and stocks where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high-performing teams
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.