Collections Advisor British Columbia
City : Burnaby, BC, CA, V5C6A8
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 184853
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
NOTE: The successful candidate must be physically located in British Columbia
Scotia Dealer Advantage is one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing Special Finance companies providing automotive financing programs nationwide. We build partnerships with authorized independent and franchise automobile dealers to help them grow their businesses and serve their special finance customers.
In Collections we uphold a standard of excellence. If you want to leave your fingerprint on a world-renowned company that has been leading in the subprime auto industry like Scotia Dealer Advantage then this is the job for you!
Do you have a passion for helping others through financial struggles and want to be part of a dynamic team that is customer focused, results driven and highly motivated? This is what our Collections team represents at Scotia Dealer Advantage.
Is the Collection Advisor role right for you?
As a Collection Advisor, you’ll be responsible for maximizing the collection of overdue payments from customers while minimizing collection costs and loan losses on individually assigned accounts. As an advisor, you will conduct timely and effective collection follow-up discussions on assigned loans in varying stages of arrears and on accounts where a potential risk to the Bank is evident. You’ll also:
- Conduct payment collection activity to provide the Bank with optimal delinquency ratios and loan losses
- Make sound decisions on accepting, rejecting or offering amended payment terms and settlements while conforming to Bank policies
- Establish full responsibility for all payment or collection related inquiries, concerns, and/or arrangements
- Ensure the delivery of customer service fosters overall customer and business line/department satisfaction
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You have excellent communication skills
- You articulate a strong presence on the phone that's confident, yet personable
- You are a disciplined and focused individual who is motivated to reach daily targets
- You think long term and aren’t afraid to think outside the box to give engaging alternatives for our customers
- You elevate and cultivate your own knowledge through daily interactions with Managers, Team Leaders and Seniors Collection Officers
- You are always seeking new challenges and opportunities to grow within the organization
- You have significant previous experience in a collections/customer service capacity utilizing the telephone as the primary means of communication
- You have significant previous experience collection of delinquent or overdue accounts in the financial services industry or experience collecting on delinquent accounts receivable
- You have experience with the Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- An understanding of predictive dialer equipment and payment collection systems is an asset
What’s in it for you?
- During your onboarding into the role, you will be an observant and have the ability to absorb strong listening and negotiations skills through customer interactions and apply these to conversations of your own
- You will not only be collecting payments but you will assist our customers through hardship which requires you to think outside-the-box to overcome adversity and give our customers a top-of-the-industry experience in the process.
- A positive and inclusive team environment where your voice and opinions are valued. We foster big thinking, professional growth and mutual respect.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development within Canadian Banking
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Burnaby || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.