CO-Op / Summer Student – Geotechnical
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Various Locations in BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP E&I is currently recruiting CO-OP and Summer Engineering Students to join our Geotechnical teams in various locaitons in BC.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to develop their career and experience in the engineering and construction field.
The position will primarily support aspects of geotechnical engineering projects with a mix of office and site work. For the right candidate, there is the possibility of extending this term or a part-time position.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
Responsibilities will include assisting where needed with engineering design scopes and site investigations in both office and field environments.
In addition the you will:
- Provide high quality work that meets the client’s expectations
- Follow WSP’s Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
- Data entry and preparation of field reports
- Provide technical support to geotechnical investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and geotechnical sampling, as required, which may include conducting field visits/investigations
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Enrollment in an Engineering undergraduate program with an accredited university
- Strong workplace safety practices
- Ability to work in field and office settings
- Strong interpersonal and communication (spoken and written) skills
- Reliable and punctual, with a desire to provide high quality work
- An interest and willingness to take the initiative in learning new skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Light to moderate lifting may be required (+/- 25 kg) - Computer proficient (Microsoft Office)
- British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license and a good driving record
- Basic First Aid certification is an asset