City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Co-op Student(s) - ( 230001QH )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Mining group is looking for Co-op Students to join the team in the spring 2023. Your role as a Co-op Student will be to assist the project managers, technical staff and multi-discipline specialists in the completion of mining projects.
We are looking for engineering and/or design students in the following disciplines:
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs engineering design using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and professionals in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Assists in basic interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Performs a variety of tasks which may include analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure structural reliability, resource efficiently and cost effectiveness.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of engineering design.
- Understanding of engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and basic AutoCAD.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently within a team.
Education and Experience
Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or Design. Co-op/Internship experience preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Sudbury
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-CA Canada
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 18, 2023, 12:30:09 PM
Req ID: 230001QH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans