Co-op Finance NSC
City : Winnipeg, MB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Co-op program at Canadian Pacific Kansas City Railway (CPKC) will give you an opportunity to gain large public-company experience. We are a growing organization with a culture that emphasizes precision, passion, strength, genuineness and accountability. You will collaborate on projects that require detailed analytical review, and progress real-time business and process improvements. The job requires an aptitude for data mining, analytics, problem solving and a drive for collaboration.
Canadian Pacific Kansas City Railway (CPKC) is currently hiring Co-op Students pursuing their business education to join our Network Services Finance (NSC) Accounting team in Winnipeg!
The Co-op students accepted into our program will gain actionable hands-on experience that will become the building blocks to support their future career. Your training and skillsets will be enhanced through departmental rotations. These mini transitions will allow you to work alongside various accounting professionals, gain knowledge of our business, and see first hand the accounting cycle of accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reporting and billing.
- Provide supporting information to transacting teams
- Compile and review financial metrics to support operational reviews
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to support business decision making
- Account reconciliation support for month-end close
- Being a contributing member in continuous improvement projects
- Special projects as required by management
- Students with background in Accounting or Finance is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products including but not limited to Excel and Visio
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- Manage expectations and prioritize work-based requirements
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform critical self-reviews
- Curiousity and passion for continuous improvement
- Working knowledge of SAP, preferred
- Prior knowledge or experience at a Railway or Transportation Organization, an asset
- Ability to plan projects and drive results
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Free parking
- On-site gym
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 102241
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Co-op
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External