Cloud Technology Analyst
City : North York
Category : Full-time
Industry : Finance
Employer : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) at Sun Life is seeking for a Cloud Technology Analyst, who can work with a skilled team of Cloud Engineers and help deliver better & efficient cloud platform solutions to our consumers.
This is a great opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of Cloud Engineers and work with them in ongoing Engineering initiatives with our partner stakeholder group and help our consumers to onboard to Cloud
What will you do?
- Manages critical cloud accounts, address cloud request tickets and be a liaison to Application Owners.
- Support partners in prototyping and demonstrating and product integrations in customer environments
- Consult and advise our consumers on AWS services, best practices and lead them to get onboarded to cloud environment.
- Showcase high standards of communication and reporting within the team.
- Willing to work and support cloud platform and participate in engineering escalated on call rotations.
- Be part of an Agile development team, participate in daily team huddles, provide status updates, highlight issues and blockers.
What you need to succeed:
- University degree/college diploma in Computer Science or Technology
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in server administration and/or cloud solution administration in an enterprise environment.
- Good understanding of Cloud Services, and ability to quickly grasp issues and translate to business impact.
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and services, IAM roles and permissions.
- Cloud Certification with one of the public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Good knowledge with programming and/or scripting languages (Python, Perl, Java, Bash, Ruby)
- Ability to leverage infrastructure as code to deploy services (Cloudformation/Terraform)
Must be able to obtain Reliability Status through the Government of Canada before a start date can be confirmed (includes a background check with fingerprinting by the RCMP)
What’s in it for you
- Great Place to Work® Certified in Canada and the US.
- Named 2021 “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
- Canada Award for Excellence for Mental Health at Work - 2021
- We’re proud to be a Best Workplace for Hybrid Work by Great Place to Work® Canada
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement
- Wide range of career growth opportunities within our team and the company
- Competitive salary structure in an outcome-based environment, influenced by market range data
- Flexible hours and periodic work from home options
The Base Pay range is for the primary location for which the job is posted. It may vary depending on the work location of the successful candidate or other factors. In addition to Base Pay, eligible Sun Life employees participate in various incentive plans, payment under which is discretionary and subject to individual and company performance. Certain sales focused roles have sales incentive plans based on individual or group sales results.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at Sun Life. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to email@example.com.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary Range:58,700/58 700 - 93,900/93 900
Job Category:IT - Technology Services
Posting End Date:09/12/2022