Cloud Operations Engineer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Architecture and Engineering
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 171241
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Explore emerging technologies in Cloud and Kubernetes space that relate to Tangerine’s needs and implement those technologies in Hybrid (Cloud/on premise) environments.
- Work with the Enterprise Architecture team on identifying requirements and design and continuous evolution of Cloud-based solutions (e.g.: Kubernetes).
- Support all (both Production and non-Production) Cloud platform environments and applications.
- Install, configure, upgrade, capacity plan, optimization, operate and troubleshoot Services and Applications on Kubernetes clusters (on premise/Cloud).
- Implement Production changes to cloud platforms and applications following established change management policies.
- Establish and maintain High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery processes for supported platforms and applications.
- Ensure that the platform is correctly configured for security, including security policies that govern the applications and how to integrate with external components.
- Implement corporate compliance and audit policies, maintain and enforce standards and procedures.
- Monitor Cloud solutions using different tools (e.g.: stackdriver, Dynatrace, native Kubernetes, etc.), creating dashboards and alerts.
- Create/validate documentation on operation of Cloud solutions (e,g,: Kubernetes).
- Identify, install, support, and operate additional tools required by Kubernetes (e.g.: Grafana, Kiali, etc.)
- Monitor the platform and applications to make sure resources are optimized and to provide Engineering guidelines and recommendations to developers to optimize performance and Operational resilience.
- Operate the platform for high availability and disaster recovery
- Participate in 24/7 Operational support for cloud platforms and applications
IS THIS ROLE RIGHT FOR YOU?
- Minimum 10 years Operational Support experience culminating in a senior role in a real-time client-facing environment.
- Experience supporting Cloud Operations (GCP preferred) in real-time Production Environments running business-critical workloads.
- Demonstrated history of supporting real-time Operational Kubernetes environments.
- Administration and configuration of Anthos on-premise and/or GCP is required.
- Has administered ASM and ACM/Istio.
- Proven ability to work with and implement DevOps concepts.
- Experience writing scripts and code to automate processes.
- Experience working with and administering Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of GitHub.
- Able to lead teammates by technical example and shared knowledge.
- Experience supporting Client-facing real-time financial systems or equivalently critical and secure systems.
- General understanding of Banking/Financial systems.
- Experience integrating with job scheduling tools in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Will be required to participate in on-call support after hours and weekends as part of a rotation.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.