Cloud Operations Engineer (Production Support) – Tangerine
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M2H0A1
Category : Computer Specialist
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 188175
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Our Tangerine Cloud Operation Team is responsible for building and operating Cloud based solutions (on-premise & Public Cloud), supporting Tangerine’s 24x7 internal and client-facing applications.
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure, you will administer the Operation of Tangerine’s cloud platform; develop & implement standardized Operational practices and ensure that applications and services are deployed in accordance with such practices.
You will be a part of a dedicated team of Cloud Operation professionals in a flexible working environment, including flexible opportunities to work both remotely and in an office location.
In this role, you will be expected to provide rotational 24x7, on-call support & rotational after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends.
Is this role right for you?
- You are eager to explore emerging technologies in Cloud and Kubernetes space that relate to Tangerine’s needs and implement those technologies in Hybrid environments.
- You can work to support all (both Production and non-Production) Cloud platform environments and applications.
- You are ready to install, configure, upgrade, capacity plan, optimize, operate, and troubleshoot Services and Applications on Kubernetes clusters (on premise/Cloud).
- You are keen to establish and maintain High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery processes for supported platforms and applications.
- You thrive at ensuring that the systems and platforms under your care are safe and security compliant to safeguard the trust of your clients.
- You excel at identifying opportunities to automate processes and implement best practices.
- You take pride in your depth of knowledge and experience with configuring, installing, and operating the Kubernetes platform.
- You are motivated to ensure that platforms and applications under your care are optimized for performance and Operational resilience.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess solid communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. Furthermore, you also have good interpersonal skills to build relationships with internal and external business partners and vendors.
- You have at least 8+ years of progressive hands-on technical working experience with Operational Support in a real-time client-facing environment.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting Cloud Operations (GCP preferred) in real-time Production Environments running business-critical workloads.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting real-time Operational Kubernetes environments.
- You must have hands-on technical working experience in the administration and configuration of Anthos on-premise and/or GCP.
- You must have hands-on technical working experience in the administration of Anthos Service Mesh (ASM) and Anthos Config Management (ACM)/Istio.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in writing scripts and code to automate processes.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience with administering Linux and/or UNIX operating systems.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on technical working experience in supporting Client-facing real-time business critical systems (e.g., financial services, healthcare, retail).
- You can demonstrate a proven ability to work with and implement DevOps concepts.
- You have hands-on technical working experience in integrating with job scheduling tools in a hybrid cloud environment.
- You possess excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- You can adapt to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You must have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related technology-based stream.
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
- You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
- You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
- You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
- You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.