Cloud Engineer/FinOps Architect (Hybrid)
City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M5V2T3
Category : Financial Specialist
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185992
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs.
Global Technology Enterprise Platforms (GTEP) is a key technology division of Scotiabank, providing critical infrastructure solutions and support to the bank globally and employing approximately 2000 full-time employees and contractors, across 15 countries.
Our inaugural Strategic Portfolio Office (SPO)’s FinOps team for GTEP is mandated to help our internal stakeholders maximize value and achieve more with their cloud investments.
You will be an integral part of our Cloud FinOps team, with a responsibility to get the most value of every dollar we spent in the Cloud & to bring your technical expertise to continuously innovate and improve our path on cloud financial controls and optimization, while helping to drive a culture of accountability regarding efficient cloud usage/spend. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to be a key contributor to maturing our FinOps practice, by driving the adoption of FinOps best practices through governance, standards, policies, and education that will guide efficient cloud investment.
Is this role right for you?
- You excel at instituting cost guardrails, standards, and controls across distributed teams and enterprise processes.
- You thrive on analyzing spend trends, seeking opportunities for savings, and offering advisory services with specific improvement recommendations.
- You enjoy working with distributed teams to influence strategy, tactics, and execution of cloud usage.
- You can leverage a strong understanding of how to translate development team requirements into cost effective cloud-based solutions.
- It’s in your DNA to partner cross-organizationally and drive cost optimization discussions.
- You are keen to provide strategic insights & practical recommendations.
- You take pride in managing deliverables independently and with a high degree of efficiency.
- You are highly efficient in developing & managing FinOps Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You possess strong communication (verbal/written) skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The same in Spanish is an asset.
- You have at least 3+ years of hands-on working knowledge and/or experience with cloud-based services (e.g., Google Cloud Platform [GCP], Microsoft Azure [Azure], Amazon Web Services [AWS]), their usage models and pricing.
- You have at least 2+ years of current and/or past performance as a business/engineering leader in information technology & can demonstrate the unique ability to bridge finance & technology.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience with teams developing Application Programming Interface (APIs), automation and instilling an API first culture.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience in facilitating budgetary meetings with stakeholders and finance, for the purpose to align spend to budgets, highlighting deviations and developing remediation strategies.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience in influencing development teams to understand and implement cost effective scalable solutions.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional working experience in working with finance to forecast cloud spend and identify spending anomalies.
- You have at least 1+ years of professional working experience with FinOps Principles, Capabilities, and the Well Architected “Cloud” Framework.
- You have at least 2+ years of financial working experience with public cloud cost management & optimization on AWS and/or GCP and/or Azure.
- You have at least 2+ years of working knowledge in hybrid cloud and/or multi cloud infrastructure financial management and/or migration execution.
- You are self-motivated, independent, and a strategic/conceptual thinker.
- You possess exceptional analytical skills & problem-solving capabilities.
- You can adapt to working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- You must have attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, or in a technology related discipline.
- Completion or enrolment to complete a FinOps Certified Practitioner or FinOps Certified Professional would be beneficial to your candidacy.
What's in it for you?
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of our Hybrid Work Model, when required to be onsite, our primary office in Scarborough is:
- Renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Furnished with an onsite cafeteria that serves hot foods (breakfast & lunch), salads, sandwiches, snacks & hot/cold drinks.
- Our lounges have TV’s, fridges, microwaves, complimentary hot beverage stations & water dispensers.
- Minutes from the 401 & DVP. Free onsite & offsite employee parking. Charging stations for electric vehicles onsite.
- Accessible by TTC bus from Eglinton subway station on Line 1 or from Warden subway station on Line 2 or from Kennedy station on Lines 2/3. When it begins to operate, the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit’s Birchmount stop is steps away.
- Kennedy GO Station on the Stouffville line & Scarborough GO Station on the Lakeshore East line, with connecting TTC buses, can get you to this worksite.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.