City : Kamloops
Category : Other
Industry : Government
Employer : BC Public Service
Clerk Stenographer R11
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position
Corrections Branch plays a leading role in the criminal justice system by protecting the community through offender management and control. The Branch manages community work service and supports offenders to make positive changes in behaviour and attitude.
In a fast-paced environment, your ability to maintain confidentiality and good judgement is high. As the Warden’s Assistant, you will lead the provision of administrative services in support of the planning and delivery of correctional services. You will supervise and coordinate administrative services, and provide executive coordination of information, issues, plans and a central communication structure for the warden and deputy wardens.
Kamloops is surrounded by over one hundred lakes as well as the North and South Thompson rivers. Water-based activities are very popular, such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, rafting, tubing, skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-fishing. Kamloops has a very strong First Nations culture.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Noel.Morris@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED);
• 2 years clerical/administrative support experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training may be considered;
• Experience in dealing with confidential matters using sound judgement, tact and diplomacy; (There will be different combinations of relevant experience, education and/or training that would result in an applicant meeting this standard);
• Experience/training in keyboarding (50 WPM);
• Experience/training in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; use of the Internet; and other standard computer applications;
• Experience in the use of a records management system;
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
• 3 or more years of clerical/administrative support experience; or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training;
• Experience supervising staff;
• Experience with CORNET and/or JUSTIN data base systems;
• Experience with ARCs/ORCs records management;
• Experience providing clerical/administrative support to management.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) and Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover Letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated