Clinical Pharmacist – Millwoods Town Centre
City : Edmonton, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Location:2331 66Th St Nw, Unit 417, Edmonton, Alberta, T6K 4B4
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we take pride in being at the forefront of pharmacy practice in Alberta. Our goal is to expand the role of pharmacists in community settings and drive positive health outcomes for our customers.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new Pharmacist Walk-in Clinic at this location and are actively seeking Pharmacists to join our team. As a pharmacist in this unique setting, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the day-to-day health outcomes of our community.
If you are a passionate and ambitious pharmacist who is dedicated to providing exceptional patient care, this is an excellent opportunity for you. You will have the chance to break down barriers and build meaningful relationships with people in your community while leveraging your full scope of practice in a special walk-in clinic environment.
What you’ll do:
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Dispensary activity and pharmacy workflow activity as required
- Counselling patients on prescription medication use
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Alberta Pharmacist License
- Additional Prescribing Authorization (APA) certification
- Injection Certification required
- A minimum level C First Aid certification
- Additional accreditations are an asset (e.g., CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Knowledge of HealthWATCH® pharmacy software an asset
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Additional information will be communicated during the interview process.
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.