Clinical Pharmacist – Camrose, AB
City : Camrose, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Location:180 Cornerstone, Camrose, Alberta, T4V 4T1
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
Shoppers Drug Mart is looking for pharmacists who are passionate about patient care and making a difference. As a member of our team, you'll work in a dynamic environment alongside a group of like-minded professionals who share your commitment to patient care.
In return, we offer: a competitive compensation package, a supportive work environment, and a healthy balance of work and play. If we haven’t sparked your interest, there are even more reasons to consider joining our team. In addition to the benefits already mentioned, we also offer:
- Continuous in-house training and education
- An employee discount program
- A ‘LEAD’ program for pharmacists interested in becoming future Associate-Owners
- Flexible scheduling options to accommodate your lifestyle
- License Reimbursement
- Employee benefits and matching contributions towards a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Alberta pharmacists have the most comprehensive authority of any province or territory in Canada. Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Dispensary activity and pharmacy workflow activity as required
- Counselling patients on prescription medication use
To be successful in this role, we require:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Alberta Pharmacist License
- Additional Prescribing Authorization (APA) certification or currently pursuing certification
- Injection certification
- A minimum Level C First Aid certification
- Additional accreditations are an asset (e.g., CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Knowledge of HealthWATCH® pharmacy software an asset
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
If you're excited about the opportunity to work in a dynamic, driven, and supportive environment that values your skills, talents, and contributions, we'd love to welcome you aboard!
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.