Clinical Pharmacist – Calgary, AB
City : Calgary, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Location:3625 Shaganappi Trail N.W., Calgary, Alberta, T3A 0E2
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Why this role is important?
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we’re here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We are excited to offer a unique opportunity for a pharmacist who is driven by their passion for patient care and is eager to make a difference in their community by breaking down barriers and building meaningful relationships.
The ideal candidate for this position is clinically inclined and possesses a high degree of competence in various areas of clinical therapeutics. They are also someone who thrives on interacting with people in the community and embodies our mission to help Canadians Live Life Well.
If you are an ambitious pharmacist who is committed to delivering exceptional patient care and building strong connections with the community you serve, we encourage you to apply for this unique opportunity. Join our team and help us make a difference in the lives of our patients and our community.
What you’ll do:
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Dispensary activity and pharmacy workflow activity as required
- Counselling patients on prescription medication use
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Alberta Pharmacist License
- Additional Prescribing Authorization (APA) required
- Injection Certification required
- A minimum level C First Aid certification
- Additional accreditations are an asset (e.g., CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Knowledge of HealthWATCH® pharmacy software an asset
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Additional information will be communicated during the interview process.
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation’s evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.