Client Development & Events Coordinator (Calgary, AB, CA)
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Legal Services
Employer : Dentons
Dentons is designed to be different. Our firm leads the way in a rapidly changing legal marketplace. We challenge the status quo and deliver consistent results as well as uncompromising quality and value to our clients. Our global presence is renowned with over 20,000 individuals in more than 200 offices across 82 countries.
Dentons Canada is committed to its people and communities. We are consistently recognized as an employer of choice having received numerous awards including being selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2023); Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2023); Canada’s Best Diversity Employers (2022); Mansfield Rule 4.0+ Certification; Chambers Diversity & Inclusion Awards, North America 2021; and Canada Law Awards for Pro Bono Initiative of the Year 2021.
This role is an opportunity for you to join the world’s largest law firm, a firm that offers opportunities to build your career while growing your skills and deepening your expertise.
Dentons Canada LLP is seeking a Coordinator, Client Development & Events to join our team and support the profile and client development efforts of the office and its lawyers. With a personal passion for growth and business development, the Coordinator will support multiple projects and priorities, and execute tasks aimed at growing our business. An understanding of the complexities of a matrixed environment is beneficial. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a team that will shape the future of Dentons Canada.
- Provide client development support to select Firm practice and sector groups, executing business development and marketing plans
- Track and follow up on group and lawyer initiatives to keep priorities moving forward
- Support the development of pitches and other collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings
- Plan, manage and execute external client-facing events
- Oversee and manage sports and event tickets
- Coordinate the preparation of directory submissions, including information sourcing, data gathering, and follow-up
- Prepare client reports by gathering and compiling error-free information
- Update web and print marketing collateral related to the practice, industry, or initiative
- Support for other key initiatives within the Client Development Team
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, business development and/or events, experience working in a professional services environment preferred;
- Creative, enthusiastic and results-driven team-player who can work collaboratively with local and national multidisciplinary teams;
- Self-motivated and proactive, as well as independent and capable of working with minimum supervision;
- Superior organizational and project management skills—ability to multi-task; prioritize and organize deliverables; work under pressure; and work with multifaceted, complex projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate with external contacts and individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Highly professional approach at all times;
- Recognition of the significant impact that decisions have on the organization’s public image, internal operations, services or programs and corporate objectives;
- Must be proficient working with the entire Microsoft Office Suite; experience with InterAction or a similar CRM database is an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct.
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Join a firm that is recognized as one of the top 100 employers in Canada (2023) and Alberta Top 75 Employers (2023) !
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Generous allowance of flex and vacation days
- RRSP matching program
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Subsidized fitness program
- Various social events and activities throughout the year
- Flexible work arrangements
*We thank all applicants who apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Dentons Canada, inclusion, diversity and equity (ID&E) are not just ancillary values, they are foundational to our business. We believe that ID&E is essential to the shared success of our team and our clients. Our forward-thinking and inclusive culture supports the professional development of all our people, enhances the leading services we offer to our clients, and informs our commitment to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work. As a testament to our commitment to ID&E, we have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employer’s for 12 consecutive years (2011-2022), as well as one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2022) for the fifth time.
Dentons Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome your application. All employment decisions, including hiring, will be made without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, creed, disability, ethnic origin, family status, gender assigned at birth, gender identity, marital status, place of origin, race, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable human rights legislation.
We are committed to providing you with an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible workplace to support your success. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, for example as a result of a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.