City : British Columbia
Category : Other
Industry : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employer : BC Housing
CLERICAL ASSISTANT :
($40,510.40 - $45,851.40 - Annually)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Administration, the Clerical Assistant provides clerical services that support the delivery of Applicant Services programs and services. He/She/They works as part of a resource pool of staff in the department and is responsible for providing on-going generalist clerical support to ensure the effective and efficient operations of day-to-day service delivery. The incumbent works with the housing sector, community agencies, and other BC Housing staff to ensure that those in need of affordable housing are able to access a range of options for assistance with housing and provides information on policies and procedures with respect to the operations of the Applicant Services department.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of courses in office administration and computer systems.
- Sound experience in a general office environment.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Sound knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures, filing and record-keeping systems.
- Some knowledge of computer applications and software including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Good keyboarding skills to support efficient and accurate data entry.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal tactfully with staff and the public.
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment when dealing with a broad range of partners and customers, including individuals of diverse education and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to provide clear and helpful information.
- Ability to deliver internal customer service excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to operate standard office machines such as photocopiers, fax machines, mailing and scanning equipment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 18 kg.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Ability to organize, plan and schedule work.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to competing and critical priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change.
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
At BC Housing, we're committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We invite and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Disabled People, persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you require accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
Apply Now: www.bchousing.org/careers
Have questions/issues about the application process? Please see our FAQ’s for some useful information.