Classification Consultant – Temporary Assignment (April 2023 – March 2024)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Admin
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Temporary Assignment (April 2023 – March 2024)
Hours: Monday to Friday; 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: 09
Rate of Pay: $69,600 - $87,001
Posting Date: April 18th, 2023
Closing Date: Open until filled
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, the incumbent leads and performs compensation job evaluation and compensation reviews, ensuring equity across the organization.
It is the expectation that the position will also provide compensation and job evaluation related advice to clients including working with Human Resources Strategic Partners (HRSP) on College organizational design projects and initiatives.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains Job Evaluation Processes and Procedures documentation to make sure all the position classifications are accurately and consistently recorded.
- Support the development and modifications of job descriptions in collaboration with respective manager.
- Analyzes, researches and determines classification of all support staff and administrative positions, applying College job evaluation systems, consistently.
- Ensures pay equity and internal equity is achieved.
- Provides explanations/rationale for classification decisions to HR Consultants and applicable manager/s, providing information and/or training to promote understanding of College classification systems/outcomes, consistency and defensibility objectives of College-wide service.
- Develops and participates in the design and development of information, training and process tools which promote a standard approach.
- Provide compensation placement recommendations.
- Develop and maintain key compensation metrics and reports.
- Participate in Total Rewards projects and committees as required.
- Manages the position creation process to ensure alignment with current organizational structure and strategic direction, identifies anomalies and elevates them to Director.
- Contributes to the assessment of workforce needs and the development of strategic workforce plans by providing recommendations and advice to HRSPs and clients.
- Administer and deliver compensation programs.
- Prepares management briefings with all related documentation to present to lawyer/arbitrator regarding Classification grievances.
The successful applicant must have:
- A 3-year Diploma/Degree or equivalent in such disciplines as Business, Communications, Human Resources, Labour Relations or a related field is required.
- Minimum 4 years of related, progressive work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of compensation, job evaluation and related human resources and labour relations theory and principles to apply job evaluations systems within a well-rounded human resources context.
- Analytical skills to address complex and contentious classification issues.
- Communication skills to prepare and provide written and oral explanations and rationales to classification decisions.
- Organizational and consultation skills to coordinate committees, and to lead classification reviews.
- Coaching and training skills.
- Relationship-building skills to work collaboratively across the College.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, S2LGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/