CLASS 1 PROFESSIONAL LINEHAUL DRIVER
City : Dieppe
Category : Shipping, Supply & Logistics
Industry : Water transportation
Employer : J.D. Irving
PROFESSIONAL CLASS 1 LINEHAUL TRUCK DRIVER
Midland Transport Limited is a J.D. Irving, Limited company 100 Midland Drive, Dieppe, NB, E1A 6X4. To learn more about Midland Transport, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is currently seeking full-time Professional Linehaul Drivers for CA/US Triangle route, based out Dieppe, New Brunswick. Professional Linehaul Drivers are be expected to operate the trucks in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to Midland’s best management practices. The selected candidates will be self-motivated with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
- Education required: High school diploma minimum
- Experience required: 4 years of safe tractor trailer driving experience
- Valid or eligibility to receive a New Brunswick Class 1 Driver’s License
- Valid or eligibility to receive Air Brakes Endorsement
- Eligible for and obtain Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certificate, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, and FAST (Free and Secure Trade) Program
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Clean criminal record search
- Good written and verbal communication skills with minimum overall IELTS score 5.5
- General truck mechanical skills will be considered an asset
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with a commitment to provide Superior Quality Service
- Operate the truck in a safe, efficient, and productive manner according to Midland Transport Limited’s best management practices
- Provide efficient, reliable, professional service to customers
- Work with variable shipment weight and freight handling equipment
- Maintain company equipment standards
- Process daily pickup and delivery records
- Schedule activity based on daily shipment volumes and customer demand
- Servicing the following locations: CA/US run. This is a run from the Canadian Maritime region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and the Prince Edward Island) into the United States, and then back to the Maritime region. Based on customer demand there may be a requirement to operate in other lanes across North America.
- Perform general daily maintenance and repairs as required
- Candidate must be willing to re-locate to Dieppe, New Brunswick
- Candidate must be willing to participate in coaching and training sessions regarding Midland Transport Limited’s best management practices
Number of Openings: Multiple
Employment Locations: Drivers will work out of and report to our main location at 100 Midland Drive, Dieppe, NB. Drivers will service our routes in the Maritime Provinces.
Hourly Rate: Drivers are paid by mile; while driving within Canada $0.535/mile, while driving within USA $0.558/mile. Drivers are eligible for competitive rates for loading at customers, delivering to customers, pick up and deliveries, additional stops, lay overs, delays, mechanical breakdowns and safety bonus. Please check Pay Rates Here.
Benefits Package: Comprehensive health, drug, and dental package, vision care, paid time off, RRSP match, on-site parking
Salary: $26.00 per hour
Terms of Employment: Permanent role
Language of Work: English
100 Midland Drive
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online directly through our careers website.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.