Civil Technologist Student – Summer 2023
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Assist with field surveying using GPS ;
- Assist with preparing reports;
- Undertake field reviews and complete reporting;
- Prepare and review drawings; and
- Site inspections and field work required;
- Travel may be required to specific project locations in the Province; and
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Enrolled in a diploma program (Civil Technology, GIS, or Environmental) program from an accredited post-secondary
- Have an interest in the design, contract administration and project management of municipal engineering and land development projects;
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following: AutoCAD, Civil 3D
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written; and