Civil Technician Co-op Student – Summer 2023
City : Calgary, AB
Category : Environment - Geotechnical & Materials
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
Our Calgary Office has openings for Geotechnical Lab Technologist/Technician Students
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
• Plan, organize, and schedule work for various projects.
• Communicate with contractors during project execution.
• Geotechnical laboratory testing on soil, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete materials and advanced unsaturated soil testing , including documentation and reporting .
• Field nuclear density compaction testing and construction inspection.
• Construction QA/QC.
• Construction supervision.
• Concrete testing including lab and field (CCIL Certific ation will be provided) .
• Environmental monitoring.
• Perform topographic surveys for design purposes.
• Perform construction surveys including grade staking, intermediate/final surveys for volume calculations.
• Determine methods and procedures for establishing or re-establishing survey control.
• Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Registered in a Diploma program for Civil Technology
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Coordinate findings with work of engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with project
** Must have a valid driver's licence issued in Canada **