Civil Inspector, Supervisor (Land Development)
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Inspector, Supervisor (Land Development) - ( 2200045N )
We’re driving the future of Community Development infrastructure. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. We bring the same passion to growing the potential of each professional who joins our Stantec community, and to making our community diverse and inclusive. Join our team today!
We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it’s an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we’re part of the community too and we care about the places where we live—just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our Winnipeg office is looking for a Senior Site Superintendent to join our Community Development Team.
As a Senior Site Superintendent, you will be working on Residential, Commercial and Industrial infrastructure projects for our Field Services Team, as part of our Community Development Business Centre. The primary responsibilities for this role are varied; however generally involve the field observation, recording and reporting for infrastructure installations, including deep utilities and surface improvements. All projects are within the City of Winnipeg and in surrounding communities. You will be working with project teams, to coordinate daily onsite construction activities and to ensure that infrastructure projects are completed as per design and design specifications. You must be very attentive to detail, well organized, have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to prioritize multiple tasks as required. You must be committed to teamwork, as you may be working with multiple project teams on multiple infrastructure projects, in a very fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates daily onsite construction activities liaising with contractors, design professionals, clients and relevant external parties.
- Provides input to the development of project schedules, coordinates the work according to approved schedules, reports schedule deviations and provides recommendations on any schedule modifications.
- Reports deviations from contract documents and codes. Follows through with responsible party until resolution.
- Schedules and coordinates reviews and inspections.
- Maintains records of activities including work completed and inspected.
- Meets, reviews and reports to the project team on construction status, issues and concerns.
- Monitors the progress of construction activities ensuring cost, schedule and quality standards are met.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to Project Manager, design professionals, client, owner, developer, or contractor, but does not direct the means or methods of construction.
- Reviews plans, specifications, requests for information, submittals, construction schedules, shop drawings and pay applications (QA/QC).
- Prepares final documentation for closeout process.
- Prepares documents and maintains file management of project-related information including, but not limited to, correspondence, reports, videos and pictures.
- Participates in the implementation of safety controls and promotes a safe workplace.
- Trains and/or mentors less experienced staff.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be familiar with trench dewatering, backfilling and compaction of utility trenches and pavement/surface restoration
- Ability to make decisions on projects based on the design criteria of engineering
- Self-starter, can work independently and knows how to get along with contractors on a project site
- Experience in understanding engineering drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with AutoCAD very beneficial
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle
Education and Experience
- Civil Engineering Technology Diploma or greater
- 5 years minimum experience serving in similar capacity for Civil projects
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1168 CommDev-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 27, 2023, 1:29:40 PM
Req ID: 2200045N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans