Civil Field Engineer
City : Stewart, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
KSMCo Gold Inc.’s (KSMCo) Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) Property involves the development of major gold-copper deposits located in northwest British Columbia (BC) off Highway 37, approximately 65 km by air north-northwest of the ice-free Port of Stewart, BC. The Property is situated within the coastal mountains of BC, approximately 30 km topographically up-gradient of the Alaska-BC border.
The current work scope involves the construction of infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, camps and ponds.
The project is looking for a field engineer. The successful candidate will be required to work a 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off schedule (16 and 12 rotation due to paid travel days), and will be responsible for providing administrative and technical knowledge/direction of civil, structural and architectural engineering early works functions.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides technical interpretation of design documents in support of construction managers, superintendents, and contractors; providing specific expertise for problem solving.
2. Provides technical input and/or generates requests for information, field change notifications, technical queries, technical deviations and field generated sketches and drawings, including redlines.
3. Coordinates completion of construction activities in assigned systems and prepares punch lists to ensure the readiness of systems for release for turn-over to the client or for start-up.
4. Prepares work packages and other construction related information in a timely manner as required to support the work schedule.
5. Prepares scopes of work to support construction activities
6. Monitors and inspects construction operations to ensure compliance with design documents.
7. Controls, distributes, and files drawings, specifications and other design documents.
8. Maintains liaison with the design engineer to schedule and coordinate the release for construction of design documents in support of the construction schedule. Monitors subcontractor’s performance to ensure conformance to project quality, safety, security, and specification requirements.
9. Maintains liaisons between the contractor and the design engineer.
10. Evaluates change requests and interfaces with the contract administrator for the initiation and development of contract modifications.
11. Investigates and resolves engineering and technical related problems
12. Other tasks as determined by site management