Civil Engineering Student – Summer 2024
City : KELOWNA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineering Student - Summer 2024 - ( 2400008X )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
This role provides civil engineering support on project teams. A municipal engineering intern is generally a student looking to gain experience in a professional setting during a non-academic semester. A municipal engineering intern will perform general tasks which may include design, calculations, and field work under the supervision of various professional engineering team members.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support design professional engineers and technologist staff within Stantec’s Water Engineering team in various capacities.
- Work and coordinate with other engineering disciplines on assigned projects.
- Perform field work under direction of others.
- Collaborate with other members of the team on technical design development.
- Support AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting and design development.
- Assist with construction processes such as shop drawing review, change notices, requests for information, and on-site quality control reviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively and understand design and construction methodologies and objectives.
- Safely conduct yourself while maintaining awareness of potential hazards when on active construction sites.
- Experience with general business and AutoCAD Civil3D.
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness.
Education and Experience
- 4th or 5th work term Civil Engineer Co-op student for a four-month term.
- Highly motivated, willing to work in a team-oriented environment, and ready to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to be among the top 10 global design firms.
- Experience is an asset, but not necessarily a requirement.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $21.86 - $29.99 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2024, 10:37:46 AM
Req ID: 2400008X
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans