Civil Engineering Designer
City : Victoria
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineering Designer - ( 240000BO )
When faced with an impasse, do you look to bridge the gap? Our Bridges Team does too. From local bridge rehabilitations that support our communities to iconic bridge designs that define a region, our opportunities will connect you to your career goals.
The role of an Intermediate Civil Engineering Designer will include a variety of tasks from work on smaller projects to being a member of a team on larger projects; projects that are geographically varied and cross a spectrum of complexity. We value mentorship for effective career growth and so your work would be completed under the guidance and supervision of a senior engineer/designer. You should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project, and you will perform a variety of tasks including drafting, calculations, and field work.
As an Intermediate Civil Engineering Designer, you will be responsible for drawing preparation and assist the project team on aspects of civil engineering such as grading, servicing, and stormwater management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform civil design and drawing preparation using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Perform detailed design of water, sanitary, and storm infrastructure, and drainage/grading plans.
- Perform calculations to analyze and design civil system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Work with other engineering and non-engineering disciplines and professionals in the completion of the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer or project coordinator.
- Perform field work as directed by a senior engineer/supervisor.
- Assist with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Assist in interpretation and verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
- Perform a variety of tasks which may include analyzing proposed project solutions to ensure design integrity, reliability, resource efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of Engineering/Design Standards and Codes related to municipal infrastructure.
- Understanding of civil engineering concepts (i.e. grading and servicing design) and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD and Civil3D
- Experience with PCSWMM is an asset.
- Ability to design civil elements with limited direction from project team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Strong cooperative skills in working efficiently within a team.
Education and Experience
- Diploma/Degree from a recognized technical institute.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant municipal/land development experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Stantec is also prepared with the infrastructure available to support individuals working from home. Field work may be required and may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $54,600 - $76,400 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1158 Transpt-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 24, 2024, 8:23:52 AM
Req ID: 240000BO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans