Civil Engineering Co-op Student (Winter 2023)
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineering Co-op Student (Winter 2023) - ( 2200039P )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that did not have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we are achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance.
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future.
This role provides structural engineering support on project teams. A structural engineering intern is generally a student looking to gain experience in a professional setting during a non-academic semester. A structural engineering intern will perform general tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work under the supervision of various structural engineering team members.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support design professional engineers and technical CAD/BIM staff within Stantec’s Buildings Engineering Structural team.
- Assignments will include engineering design tasks with exposure to Building Information Modeling (BIM) and analysis software such as REVIT, RAM Structural System, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE, and Mathcad.
- Work and coordinate with architectural, interior design, and other engineering disciplines on assigned projects.
- Perform field work under direction of others.
- Collaborate with other members of the team on technical design development.
- Support CAD/REVIT drafting development.
- Assist with construction processes such as shop drawing review, change notices, requests for information, and on-site quality control reviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to sketch using various sketching tools and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- Experience with general business and industry software (Office 365, Newforma tools, etc.).
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness.
Education and Experience
- 4th or 5th work term Civil Engineer Co-op student for an eight-month term.
- Highly motivated, willing to work in a team-oriented environment, and ready to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to be among the top 10 global design firms.
- Experience is an asset, but not necessarily a requirement.
Salary will be negotiated
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Co-op/Intern Year 4
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 22, 2022, 10:30:19 AM
Req ID: 2200039P
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans