Civil Engineering Co-op Student – SU 2023
City : Whitehorse, YT
Category : T&I - Land Development & Municipal Engineering
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Coop Student to join our Municipal Engineering department, located at our Whitehorse office. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for working on a wide variety of projects from conception to detailed design to completion of the project.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
Work will be in various communities in the Yukon including Whitehorse, Faro, Watson Lake, Mayo, and Carmacks
Assist with preparing technical analysis and design;
Assist with preparing reports;
Prepare and review drawings and construction contracts;
Assisting with field reviews and contract administration during construction; and
Other duties as assigned.
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
Enrolled in Civil Engineering program - 3rd or 4th year student preferred;
An interest in the design, contract administration and project management of municipal engineering and land development projects;
Working knowledge of one or both of the following: AutoCAD or Civil 3D;
Great communication skills, both verbal and written; and
Demonstrated leadership skills by participating in extra-curricular events and volunteer work.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.