Civil Engineering Co-op Student – Community Development (Summer 2024) – 6 Months
City : EDMONTON
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Civil Engineering Co-op Student - Community Development (Summer 2024) - 6 Months - ( 230004KP )
Strong communities don’t just happen—they’re built. They’re creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We’re driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We’re a place where you can apply your passion—and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
The Earth is top of mind for our Geospatial team. On, above, and under the Earth’s surface, we provide our clients a full range of surveying and mapping services. Through our work, we define land boundaries and analyze spatial data. Join a team of inspired and talented professionals who continually find inventive ways to get the job done better, faster, and smarter.
Our Edmonton office has an opportunity for a Civil Engineering Co-op Student within our Geospatial Group.
Please note that this is a temporary position and is anticipated to be completed at the end of October 2024.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform construction surveys using GNSS (GPS), electronic total station, and conventional survey equipment.
- Assist a crew chief in providing survey for site grading, water-mains, storm and sanitary sewers, lot services, roadway and shallow utility construction layout.
- Assist in transferring survey data to the proper folder locations.
- Communicate effectively with members of the team and follow standard procedures.
- Responsible for safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Assist in taking care of Company vehicle and Company issued survey equipment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requires ability to work well in a team environment
- You possess technical and mathematical skills along with the ability to perform physically demanding tasks in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record (will be required to arrange transportation to the work site).
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Safety footwear & appropriate clothing is a requirement. Stantec will provide safety vests, hard hats & and additional safety equipment required.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience is not required. However, experience in residential construction or post-secondary education in a Geomatics or Civil program would be considered significant assets.
- Basic knowledge of CAD standards and familiarity with Trimble survey equipment would also be beneficial.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program. Interested candidates should visit www.stantec.com/careers to apply with a resume and cover letter.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1566 CommDev-CA Alberta GEO
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 21, 2023, 11:19:36 PM
Req ID: 230004KP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans